1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Multiple errors

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by aubrey3611, Jan 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. aubrey3611

aubrey3611 Thread Starter

WOW ! how frustrating !! Ok here goes. When I log into chat rooms, and sometimes while just surfing, I'll get one of the following: 1. "Juno has caused an error in MSJAVA.DLL 2. MSVCRT.DLL error 3. KERNEL32.DLL error 4. CSSP.AL error
    5. "Syntax Error, do you wish to continue on this page?"
    That's it. I'm running AOL's Instant mess; Norton Antivirus (auto protect on) I also have a server based Filter from American Family Filter. any help would be appriciated
    Thanks (this is my first post)
    aubrey3611

2. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Welcome to TSG, Aubrey. Let's see if we can get a good look at what's runniing on your system. I'm going to suggest using the HijackThis and integrated startuplist for this.

Go to the site below and download and unzip HijackThis.

Hit the 'Scan' tab and post the log that creates by copy/pasting it to a reply. Then click 'miscl tools' > config > generate StartupList.

Copy past the startuplist as well to the same reply.

http://www.lurkhere.com/~nicefiles/

I'm very curious as to what cssp.al is.

By the way, can you do a File search for cssp.al -- right click on what you find and select Properties > Version? What does it say for copyright info. I think that may be your server based filter. Could be therein lies the faults. Is there anyway you can run without that enabled to test it?

And if it's always Juno causing the errors in those modules, then I'd say remove and reinstall the software for that.

3. aubrey3611

Well, I appreciate your response. I'm sort of new to all of this. (obviously) I was able to unzip Hijackthis but couldn't figue out how to copy/past to the reply. oh well. But I did find out something about the cssp.al file.
    cssp.al = Broadway Socket Filter DLL
    also (from hijackthis) "Broken Internet access because of LSP provider 'cssp.al' missing.
    Thanks

4. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Once you have the logs saved as .txt files open each and click on Edit > Select All > Edit > Copy

After each "copy" click, right click on a reply window here and select "paste". The entire copied text should appear.

I'm not sure why HijackThis is telling you that if the file is present. You did find it. It appears to be a required part of the filtering software you are using.

5. aubrey3611

Thanks again for your concern and offer to help. My computer skills are very elementary. The process you suggested is more frustrating than the error messages. Let's just forget it. OK
    Thanks again

6. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Okedoke. These things are rarely easy, especially if you are new to Windows. Copy/paste is a skill you will be learning sooner or later. Ready to help when you are.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/116222

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice