Multiple Find Replace

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

yolle555

Hi!
I would need an excel macro for mac to do this:

Search Column C for cell(s) containing the content of B1 and then replace all instances of B1 (located in Column C) with the content of Cell A1. and so on, and so on.

Preferably I would have the B and C column in a different sheet or workbook.

Hope that anyone can help. Thanks.

yolle555

Thanks for your reply.
So, I am attaching an example.
On sheet 1 there are numbers in column A. I would like to put text in column B on sheet 1 according to the "code" on sheet 2.
So, wherever there is 44 in column A sheet1 I would like to put A in column B, where there is 48 --> B and 59 --> C.

So, I would like the macro to proceed in this way: take value from A1 in Sheet2 and look for this value in column A in sheet 1. Wherever this value appears in column A sheet 1 put value B1 from sheet 2 into appropriate row in column B sheet 1.
Do this for all the values in column A on sheet 2.

I hope I made it clear enough.

Thank you very much.

Attachments

Hi,

I'm showing you 2 ways to do this. In the attached workbook for column B I used a vlookup formula.
For column C I used a code that uses the vlookup.

Attachments

yolle555

Thank you very very much! Works perfectly.

EDIT: Actually, I have some troubles changing it to suit my particular problem. I will ask for more help if I do not succeed. Anyhow, thank you very much.

yolle555

I guess I was to quick to say it worked...
Did I mention I am using a mac?
I tried to reproduce the vlookup formula on my data but I did not suceed. It kept returning #N/A. And I really looked carefully at the instructions for the formula.
And even though your formula worked in the q.xlsm file, it showed an error - see attached photo.
Another thing is that in my original file the column with the data is not leftmost - ofcourse this is not so much of a problem, but still.
Thank you for your help-

Attachments

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts