1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

multiple identities on outlook express

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by sueeverson, Jan 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sueeverson

sueeverson Thread Starter

I have windows 98 and outlook express 4
    I am signed up with an ISP and my partner has a sub account
    I have set up two accounts in outlook express
    mine works perfectly but my partner is unable to receive or send emails
    any ideas please
    thanks
    sue

2. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

hi... is the two different accts setup unders tools/accounts or under find/indentities...

3. sueeverson

thanks for replying savvy - but i have now managed to sort it out

cheers - sue:)

4. jbcalg

jbcalg

sue,
    glad you got it fixed

always nice tho if you describe what it was and how it was fixed - then we all learn a little more

thx ;)

5. sueeverson

thanks.

to start with i set up another account, but i thought i had to use the username and password which my isp had given me. that didn't work - my emails came through ok but my partner's didn't. i tried to contact my isp but their accounts page was not available. so i tried my partner's username and password. that didn't work at first, which was when i posted my problem here. when i went back to outlook express - it suddenly did work!

the other prob i had was that both lots of emails came through to the same folder and i couldn't find a way of switching from one identity to another without setting up different user profiles for the computer (something i didn't want to do). in the end i made 2 folders in the inbox, one for me and one for him, and used inbox assistant which now sorts incoming emails into the 2 separate folders, according to who they are addressed to.

hope this helps someone else - but not everyone else is as stupid as me!
    :D - sue

6. Davey7549

Davey7549

sueeverson
    Thank you for the follow-up and claification. Stupidity is only in the questions not asked and we appreciate your response.
    Also a little note: when you set up an alternate off the main account in your ISP it is not an instantanous update on the Server and may take up to a day for them to add it. That could explain why the sub-account all of a sudden started working.
    Dave

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/64172

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice