1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Multiple Images When Scanning

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by hannab, Apr 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hannab

hannab Thread Starter

I have an HP Scanner and have always been happily scanning along until I recently realized that I had the option to scan at higher resolutions - "custom scanning". I now need to scan old photos for a relative so I want to make sure that are at a good resolution for printing, etc. I set the resolution for 300(as opposed to the default setting of 150) and successfully scanned one photo, then when I went to scan the next photo, it multiplied it by 3, so I had three images of the same photo instead of one -and it seems that it is at a reduced resolution for each individual image. I tried over and over again and kept getting multiple images. What's up??? :confused::

I am at work so I can't give the model number, it's just a basic HP Scanner.:eek:

2. PopPicker

PopPicker

To obtain 3 scans you must have had 3 scan areas, marching ants, one on top of the other so you can only see one.

As to why it's doing that I can't say, however if you click on the scan area and press delete it will remove the top one. Then the next.

Quite often it's good to start each scan job with a clean workspace, this prevents the chance of not noticing some 'special' setting you did for the last scan.

Remember scan for output, DPI is only secondary. A 2 x 1 inch photo scanned at 300 dpi will still be rubbish when printed to 6 x 4 inch. BUT a 2 x 1 inch photo scanned at 300 dpi and at 200% will print brilliantly.

PP

3. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
    Just a guess that HP's software might be doing an April Fool on you ... HP's good at that all the time.
    May I suggest trying M$ Scanner n Camera wizard to run the scanner .. It might make more sense to you.
    All Programs ► Accessories ▼ Scanner n Camera wizard.
    If you're running Vista .. the Scan/Cam wizard is found in the Photo Gallery.

If you have Irfanview installed ... I'd use it to run your HP Scanner.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/699223

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice