Multiple Instances of Blank Word Documents

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

The-Dyce

Hello, I'm new here. Whenever I restart my PC (Windows 10 Lenovo) multiple blank MS Word documents (often as many as 30) open and are really difficult to shut down. Can anyone give me a step by step fix for this? Many thanks.

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Hello!

To confirm, this happens as soon as you open Word, or Windows?

The-Dyce

Hello!

To confirm, this happens as soon as you open Word, or Windows?
Hi, thank you for this. If I start or restart my computer, Word starts up itself. I can't do anything with the computer until the multiple blank Word documents have finished opening. I do not start Word up, just my computer. Word starts up itself.

TerryNet

Terry
Don't know if this is appropriate for Windows 10, but based on my knowledge of previous versions of Windows check the Startup folder and in Task Manager for the auto started programs.

The-Dyce

Don't know if this is appropriate for Windows 10, but based on my knowledge of previous versions of Windows check the Startup folder and in Task Manager for the auto started programs.
Thank you. I went to the Startup folder in Task Manager and it was not in there. However, I also looked at Processes in Task Manager, and there were multiples of Word listed there. I 'end tasked' all of them and did a restart - problem solved! Many thanks.

TerryNet

Terry
You're welcome. :)

You can mark this thread solved using the "Mark Solved" above the first post on this page.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online