1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

multiple issues on multiple computers, maybe i am a beginner, thought i was moving ou

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by riverriver, May 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. riverriver

riverriver Thread Starter

Thanks for taking the time to read this, I am new to the site and went to hardware to try to fix an issue, Wayne and Frank both were very nice, Wayne recommended that i go to malware virus first, i have three issue i hope to receive some free advice on. the hardware issue was a wireless button not working, i believe the driver is bad, qualcomm atheros 9485 802.11b?g/n. but following directions seemed very difficult, as i am having an issue with redirects, new tabs opening and pop ups, so many in fact i am having trouble following download directions, i believe i have had as many as 6 at once, mostly multiple, but at times only one. When downloading often a new window opens when thing are correct, but not a half dozen and some are clearly not related, but many are close to what i want. i had a malware q pro something, google told me how to remove it, it returned, the conduit, thing has affect me, toolbars are installed with out my ok, so i read carefully when going through the steps. now i do not know what is my problem with all the unwanted pop ups, redirects new tabs new links, my wife works daily on a computer, she is a CAD operator, while out of town she bought me a new laptop just like hers except software. my desktop was down i was trying to re install either vita or windows 7, i had the system disks and a mirror of computer i bought. got to final step and crashes. have any suggestion on the virus issue as this conputer works with an ethernet cable but not wireless, so i have access to web on it. if i get rid of all the pop up issue maybe i can reinstall wireless button driver and proceed to my desktop. but if reformatting my desktop is easier that is fine.

2. riverriver

riverriver Thread Starter

something is wrong?

Attached Files:

3. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    Post closed at user request , waiting to borrow wifes PC ,k so he can download and copy across required programs and Logs
    - OP will post a new post later

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!