1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Multiple issues ugh

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Halpmahplz101, Dec 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Halpmahplz101

Halpmahplz101 Thread Starter

Ok start off by saying I'm not great with computers. So hopefully someone can help with these issues.

So I bought a desktop gaming PC on eBay. I've bought a few before. This one I have multiple issues with. So start from the top fml.

So when I got the PC and cleaned it up (outside etc) I got it setup and got it going. Turn it on to find the guy didn't reset erase his account. And that it was windows password protected. Grrrrrr first time this has happened.

So I tried to contact him to no avail for a day. So I just made a windows reboot on a flash. And installed new windows 10. So I actually got on the PC finally. And now here's my current problems.

1. He got back to me finally after I did the work around. So fml because I'm sure everything woulda been fine because he gave me his info (gd my patience) now everything is definitely not fine.

Basically windows just installed new on top of his old profile. So his old profile is there, but I can't access it anymore. So thats a issue as I'd rather just delete what I just did and log on his account and then reset it from there.

Now I'm just using a new windows 10 but still have his 130+ gb of junk on the system. Which I can't delete or access anymore to my knowledge? If I can somehow reverse my impatient "fix" of installing a new windows on top of his that would be ideal. If not I'd like to know how to delete his old junk so I can start over completely with this new system. Something I should of done to begin with but again I suck at computers.

2. After that is able to be fixed... Apparently the graphics card is not being detected for whatever reason. It's not coming up under device manager. It's an evga gtx 1050. So the whole reason I bought this was it's an upgrade over my old gaming desktop. But I have no clue why it's not detecting the graphics card.

Guessing maybe a driver issue or something as I screwed everything up with my 1. Problem above :(

I could really really use some help here folks. Not sure what to do at this point. Totally lost. I need the first problem fixed first though.

Any help is truly appreciated! If this isn't the spot for this direct me where to post. Thanks!

2. Fireflycph

Fireflycph

First Name:
    Morten
    Well, the very first thing to do, if you don't care about his/her data? THat'd would be to do a clean install of Windows. So when it comes up and asks you where to install? You go to Advanced, or something like that, then delete all existing partitions and let Windows create a new one. Unless, of course, you want to control them yourself, if so, then create whichever size of "C:" that you desire.
    After that is done, then install the drivers in the correct order. There's a debate on which order they need to be installed. But, everyone agrees that the Chipset should be installed first.

So, in essence, download any and all drivers for your system. Put them on a removable media. Install Windows from Scratch. (Provided you have a valid key). Install drivers for whatever devices you have. And, then start downloading the MS updates.
    Just remember that any software that is there will need to be re-installed.

3. Halpmahplz101

Halpmahplz101 Thread Starter

I don't have Windows key was hoping to use the one it came with, witch I've found out to be windows 10 home. Is there no way to just reverse the damage I've done and just log in on his account? Since he gave me the pass. I'm curious if the graphics issue would be fixed then. Then I can just make a new user account and delete his stuff from there...?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1220316

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice