1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

multiple issues

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Scorlax, Dec 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Scorlax

Scorlax Thread Starter

Last night, my computer was working normally. Today, I turn it on and there are multiple probelms; icons from the background are gone, background occasionally goes black, no apps or software (including when using commands) is opening up. I've tried to follow some guides from YouTube and different threads but nothing seemed to work.

2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr Temporarily Banned

I'd try and repair Windows 10. To do this you need to "upgrade" Windows -- I know, sounds wierd --, using the same edition of Windows that's already installed. This "upgrade" requires Windows 10 installation media, which you can obtain using Microsoft's free Media Creation Tool.

Download the correct Windows 10 ISO and then double-click it to mount it as a virtual drive. (Or if you prefer, you can create a bootable USB flash drive, open that removable drive in File Explorer and double-click "Setup" to begin the process).

When it asks if you want to download updates, recommend selecting "Yes" to avoid potential problems.

When prompted what you want to keep --[Important]-- choose "Keep personal files and apps".

Now simply follow the prompts to finish setup.

After a couple restarts, you'll have a refreshed installation of Windows 10, with your programs, apps, and settings all intact.

3. Scorlax

Scorlax Thread Starter

I would do this but I can't open up file explorer. Literally nothing opens up on my computer. I'll click on Chrome for example, and it'll act like it's there but I can't see or interact with it, same goes for file explorer. Any way around this?

4. SpywareDr

SpywareDr Temporarily Banned

Use the Microsoft Media Creation Tool to create a USB flash drive, then use it to boot the troubled computer.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1220073

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice