1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Multiple kernel power 41 errors an page/unpage bsod

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by TajDan, Jan 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TajDan

TajDan Thread Starter

Hi,

I got this computer about 2 weeks ago

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional , 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7500 @ 2.93GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 2046 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 220, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 238368 MB, Free - 163170 MB; D: Total - 238468 MB, Free - 238371 MB;
    Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., G41MT-ES2L, x.x,
    Antivirus: ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4.2, Updated and Enabled

The power went off when I was installing windows and it wouldn't install, initially I had 4Mb RAM and took 2Mb out and the install worked OK. However since then I have had multiple problems with the computer suddenly turning itself off. Sometimes this has been due to a genuine power cut, but other times there has been nothing obvious. First I thought it might be a problem with the UPS (as you may guess our electric is unreliable) at it looked like the only time it was happening was genuine power cuts. However it has still happened without a couple of times as well - once preceded by a BSOD with something like 'page/unpage'. WHen I look at the event viewer these events are always described as kernel power 41 - I ran a performance check and a dskchk which were fine

Please could anyone help!?

THis is a bran new machine and I' like to get it better than this

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!