1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Multiple Monitor Setup

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sambajwa25, Nov 8, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. sambajwa25

sambajwa25 Thread Starter

Hello Everyone,

I am in desperate need of help.

Just started new business and wanted to setup 3 additional monitors to my current laptop. Bought 3 monitors and plugged in and to my surprise only two working. Did some research and found that my laptop only has the ability to set up 2 additional monitors and not 3.

Went to local computer shop and they advised to get a video card and that should help.

Before that I tried all the below option but nothing worked

1. HDMI to USB
    2. VGA to USB
    3. DVI to USB

What I haven't tried is the external docking station as that is bit expensive.

My laptop is Acer Aspire F - 15 F5 -572G - 77KY
    Intel Core i7 with turbo boost
    NVIDIA GeForce 940M with 4 GB Dedicated VRAM
    16GB DDR3 l Memory

If my only option is Video card can you please suggest which one to go for and if that can be plugged into usb or something.

If there is any other option please let me know.

Regards

2. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
  3. sambajwa25

sambajwa25 Thread Starter

Hi Texasbullet, Thankyou for sharing video. Yes I watched this and brought the DVI thing and it didnt work.
    I am trying to get additional 3 monitors and this will only support if your laptop has the ability but not the enough ports.

4. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Monitor limitations are based on the video chipset used by the laptop. So if it only supports two screens, it won't matter if you are using a dock or not, the limitation is the same.

Most laptops don't allow adding/upgrading of a video card. It varies by model. Assuming you can upgrade, you would thus need a card that can support more than two screens, which still may or may not be an option.

The only option in most cases to add additional monitors, is to simply use a USB video adapter.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
    bassfisher6522 likes this.
  5. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

You might want to consider getting a tower that has a GPU the can handle 3 or more monitors.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1235396

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice