1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Multiple Monitor Support

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by jfrazier, Dec 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jfrazier

jfrazier Thread Starter

I am working on a laptop using the laptop screen and a seperate montior. I am running Win2000 which I updated from Win98.

In Windows 98 I could toggle my f8 key and get my monitor screen on two monitors. The key was that the workspace was large and you could move say an internt page to one screen and say set a word page in the other.

With Windows 2000 I am having problems getting this function. The toggle still works, but the workspace is different. Waht is in one screen is in the other. I have tested all the different screen settings and wnet through the help functions on the software to turn on the second monitor and make it primary or secondary. The problem is that you cannot set up one large workspace and have the windows in each screen sized to appear like two seperate work spaces.

Several have commented that this problem was due to the montitor driver, but I don't think that is correct as the driver updates do not change anything. I have also called MS and tech support is no help what so ever. Does anyone have any thoughts.

Thanks.

2. Rockn

Rockn

It was never supported in NT so my guess would be that it's not supported in Win2K either.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/61328

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice