1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Multiple Monitors Vista - Wrong Alignment

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Merlijn, Sep 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Merlijn

Merlijn Thread Starter

Hi all there,

I am having a strange problem with my 2nd monitor that is hooked up to my laptop. I use it as an extended desktop, but since a few days, the X/Y alignment has gone completely wrong.
    It still connects and the desktop wallpaper is shown on the 2nd screen, but the bottom left of the extended desktop is shifted to almost the top right physical corner of the monitor and the rest of the screen is than located somewhere outside the physical boundaries of my monitor, making it impossible to work on it.

I have tried to delete the TMM thread in the registry, forcing Vista to reinstall the monitor upon reconnecting, but that didnt solve it.

I have tried to connect another monitor, but that gave the same problem, so it is not my monitor that has a problem.

Now I am left with either my laptop that has a physical problem with the VGA output or with Vista that scr*w*d up once again. And I do hope it is the latter...

Does anybody have any idea what I can do to solve this?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Merlijn

2. Merlijn

Merlijn Thread Starter

Come on guys and girls,

Doesn't anybody have an idea about what this could be and how I can solve it??

3. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    You need to find the correct driver for this laptop. and reinstall it. I would go to the OEM sites and download it.

4. Merlijn

Merlijn Thread Starter

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the suggestion. I did try it out and re installed the drivers from the LG site. But it does not change anything.

I did not expect it to change anything either, as it does not matter which monitor I connect to the laptop. Any monitor has the same problem.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

5. Merlijn

Merlijn Thread Starter

Anybody else any suggestions?

I cannot believe that I would be the only one here and that nobody has any idea whatsoever?

6. Merlijn

Merlijn Thread Starter

I am really disappointed in this website and forum. I specially created an account because I was sure somebody here would be able to help me, but I am very disappointed. Only one person came up with a suggestion.

I have in the meantime already tried to upgrade the BIOS of my laptop and all the usual Vista updates, but the problem is still the same...

Anybody that has encountered this problem, please do tell me about it.

thanks

Yves

7. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Since you have the current drivers and they are the correct ones, then I would say that you have a hardware issue.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/754327

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice