1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

multiple operating systems... all i want is vista...

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Metal_Messiah2, Feb 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Metal_Messiah2

Metal_Messiah2 Thread Starter

Hi, upgradeing my computer i ran into a problem... i lost my xp disks

i got my friend to lend me his hopeing i would find the key writen down somewhere, but all i fould was a xp proffesional corperate edition i got from a friend but when i went to install it, it came up with a blue screen saying that it couldnt find one of the files on the disk...

i installed the xp home edition with the key from my friends, and ended up geting vista.. i installed and it works fine, but now when i start my computer it wants me to select the os i want to use includeing the vista, older version, and th xp pro setup which dosnt work...

i found the file folder and deleted it... but now i dont know how to get rid of the option when i boot

can anyone help me?

2. Crusnik

Crusnik

Goto Start > Run and type in msconfig. Click the boot.ini tab and click Check all boot paths. This works in XP.. Give it a try =D.

3. Metal_Messiah2

there is no boot.ini in vista :/ i dont see an option like that :(

4. Crusnik

Crusnik

5. Metal_Messiah2

awsem, yea i saw this, but i didnt seem to see the old os in there... altho i was pre ocupied tryin to install everything again

6. Crusnik

Crusnik

Let me know if that works for ya. I'm still trying to learn Vista as well! Would be nice to know if this one works so I can put it in my notes =).

7. Metal_Messiah2

it seems that since i glitched in the install, its still in the setup, so its not even registered there :/

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/541504

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice