1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Multiple OS

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Xearoveg, Jan 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Xearoveg

Xearoveg Thread Starter

I accidently started installing windows again but cancelled it, but i have the choose thing on boot now.

I don't know which line to delete, I can only find one windows folder.

When I boot I choose the second one in THAT list, thats the one i want to keep, but I don't know if it's in the same order on the boot.ini as the list it gives when i start the computer.

(Below is just to make sure were straight on which one =P)
    The one I want to keep is the second one in the list that i get when i boot the computer.

"

[boot loader]
    timeout=30
    default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(1)\WINDOWS
    [operating systems]
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptIn

"

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Well, you can fire up MSCONFIG and test the boot paths. They should be presented in the menu in the order they appear in the file.

3. Xearoveg

Xearoveg Thread Starter

thanks, it asked me to remove it via msconfig, im sure it removed the right one too.

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Glad we could help.

You can mark your own threads solved using the thread tools at the upper right of the screen. :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/535819

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice