Multiple OS's on one harddrive

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

JDV28

Hey, i have a pretty basic HP laptop, and i have partitioned my hard drive into 2 different parts. i have Vista Ultimate 32 bit installed on my C drive. but there are many games i cannot play because of my lack of Vram because i am not using 64-bit. so i was wondering if it's possible to install vista or XP 64-bit on my other partition. i have been reading many things across the internet, and i think its possible, but then how would i choose which partition i want to boot off of?

many games i cannot play because of my lack of Vram because i am not using 64-bit
I'm not a gamer but I suspect you're heading down the wrong alley. VRAM is video RAM. Switching to Win64 won't increase the available VRAM.

JDV28

but i have read that 32bit does not utilize all of my vram. and that 64bit does.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts