1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Multiple Parameter Values in One Segment

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by Sirena609, Apr 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sirena609

Sirena609 Thread Starter

Hello, I am desperately hoping someone out here can help me. I am in a bind and cannot figure this out. So here is the situation, I made a website that is programmed solely in ASP. It is an ecommerce application that I did last year. We use cart manager for our shopping cart software. Now the owner wants to use R&L Carriers for his shipments. Heres where the problem comes in, we want to be able to integrate their rate quote tool on our site. Cart Manager does not allow for their B2B tools to integrate directly into our shopping cart, which is where the problem arises. To get the rate quote I have to send them the information they need via a link with all kinds of parameters attached and then they send return data to a URL I specify. BUT they only allow for 1 cust data field in the url string. Now this stinks for me because I need to be able to save 2 pieces of information at the very least, I need to know the product number of what they are ordering and the amount of it that they want. When I spoke to their tech guys they said to just put it in as follows

&custdata=PRODUCTN|CARTONS

Heres my question...how am I supposed to be able to separate that out into 2 separate variables??

hopefully someone has an answer.....I am lost beyond lost

2. tomdkat

tomdkat Retired Trusted Advisor

I'm not an ASP person but there are a few here with ASP experience so they will be able to provide a more solid answer, I'm sure. :)

If you're getting "&custdata=PRODCUTN|CARTONS" in your ASP script, you'll need to parse out the two values on the right of the equal sign to store them in separate variables. This kind of parsing can be easily done using JavaScript but since you're in ASP land I don't know what will be required.

Please be patient to give the ASP folks a chance to find this thread and provide some assistance. :)

Peace...

3. Sirena609

Sirena609 Thread Starter

thank you!! any and all help is appreciated!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/700336

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice