Multiple PC Problems (100% Disk Usage, SSD not showing up)

SloppyChopsticks

Hi.
I've had my Pc for a couple years now with no major problems that cant be solved by a simple reboot but recently I have been having so many issues is it hard for me to run certain games I would like to play. The first problem I have had has been going on for a long time and that is windows boot up. When looking at my friends PC's I can see that their PC boots up in a couple seconds. Mine does not. Normally I have to wait about 10 minutes every time I want to boot up or restart my PC (3 Minutes at main BIOS screen and >7minutes at Windows loading screen. Some of the hardware problems I have had that might contribute to this is everytime I open task manager it says my disk is at 100% usage with no apps taking up a large amount of it. I have followed all the steps in multiple online guides and cant seem to find a fix. (This is the most recent one I tried. https://www.cleverfiles.com/howto/100-disk-usage-windows-10.html) Another Problem I have had is my SSD not showing up. After the problem with my disk usage I tried to buy another ssd and see if that worked instead. As far as I can tell the SSD is installed correctly (M.2, PCI-E) but it will not show up in device manager or my system BIOS.
Specs:
Intel I7-9700k
GeForce 1070Ti
Asus prime H310M-a R2.0 Motherboard
HDD: 2tb Toshiba hdwd120
SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro M.2 NVMe SSD 256GB

Any help is appreciated.
https://www.pccasegear.com/products/44771/adata-xpg-sx8200-pro-m-2-nvme-ssd-256gb

Last edited by a moderator:

Tanis

Shane
Hi, can you download and run the TSG System Info Utility (link in my sig below). Copy/Paste all the information provided into a reply here.

What is the exact make, model and wattage of the PSU?

Are you overclocking anything?

I assume Windows is installed on your main Toshiba HDD if the SSD is not showing?
Does the SSD get detected in the BIOS?

SloppyChopsticks

Hi, can you download and run the TSG System Info Utility (link in my sig below). Copy/Paste all the information provided into a reply here.

What is the exact make, model and wattage of the PSU?

Are you overclocking anything?

I assume Windows is installed on your main Toshiba HDD if the SSD is not showing?
Does the SSD get detected in the BIOS?
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 19042, Installed 20210324171927.000000+480
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 13, CPU Count: 8
Total Physical RAM: 16 GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
Hard Drives: C: 1861 GB (204 GB Free);
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. PRIME H310M-A R2.0, ver Rev X.0x, s/n 180732516512660
System: American Megatrends Inc., ver ALASKA - 1072009, s/n System Serial Number
Antivirus: None

My PSU is a Corsair TX550M 550W

I am not overclocking anything
Yes windows is installed on my Toshiba
SSD does not show in BIOS

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
When looking at my friends PC's I can see that their PC boots up in a couple seconds. Mine does not. Normally I have to wait about 10 minutes every time I want to boot up or restart my PC
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 19042, Installed 20210324171927.000000+480
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 13, CPU Count: 8
Total Physical RAM: 16 GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
Hard Drives: C: 1861 GB (204 GB Free)
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. PRIME H310M-A R2.0, ver Rev X.0x, s/n 180732516512660
System: American Megatrends Inc., ver ALASKA - 1072009, s/n System Serial Number
Antivirus: None
The 2 TB(1862 GB actual capacity) storage drive in your PC is about 89% full.
It's my guess it's loaded with third-party apps and that several of them are auto-starting and running in the background.
That's one reason for its long boot time and less than desirable performance.

I'm curious as to why "None" appears in the antivirus line of your log.
Are you using Windows 10's built-in antivirus app or did you install and are using a third-party antivirus app?

--------------------------------------------------

SloppyChopsticks

Are you using Windows 10's built-in antivirus app or did you install and are using a third-party antivirus app?

--------------------------------------------------
I have not changed anything with the windows 10 antivirus and have not installed my own. Im not sure why it is displaying none.

Tanis

Shane
Might be worth checking the BIOS settings to ensure it is set correctly to detect an M.2 drive. A lot will see them automatically but that is not always the case.

In an Asus BIOS (having looked on an Asus ROG board), look in the Advanced section and find the Onboard Device Configuration section.

In there have a look for something like 'PCI Express X4_3 Slot (Black) Bandwidth' which is likely set to Auto. Try setting that to PCIe X4 Mode, save and reboot the system.

See if the M.2 drive is then detected

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online