1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

multiple printer issues

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lorien80, Sep 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lorien80

lorien80 Thread Starter

The small company I work for just recently purchased an hp 3015 all-in-one (printer/scanner/faxer). We already have a hp Laserjet 2500 connected to this computer via parallel cable. I am trying to hook up the new printer via a usb cable. The new printer prints just fine but the scanner is what I'm having problems with. The dialog on the new printer reads "Scanner error: Cannot connect." I have heard that having mulitple printers connected to one computer shouldn't be a problem but I'm running into one. . .any suggestions?

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Sounds like the drivers for the Scanner part did not install correctly. Go to Device Manager and check for any errors, if there are any remove those devices and reboot.

You may also need to completely uninstall the drivers/software and reinstall.

If the computer uses an older Intel Chipset you may also need to update the Chipset/USB drivers.

3. lorien80

lorien80 Thread Starter

Thanks for your response. The hp toolbox doesn't give me any error messages. . .I've also already installed and un-installed twice now. Someone told me that because both printers are hp's that the software might override one another. Could that be an issue? Thanks again-

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Possible, HP's install's for All-in-One's seem to be problematic.

Have you checked in Device Manager for problems?

5. lorien80

lorien80 Thread Starter

Okay, so here's a stupid question. . . what is the device manager? Is that the hp toolbox?

6. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    No. Go to Control Panel -> System -> (Hardware if 2000/XP) -> Device Manager

This will show you the hardware in the computer and any problems that Windows know exists with devices that are connected.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/271751

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice