1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

multiple problem..please help!!! cant connect to internet , cant do system restore

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ENGKING, Jan 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ENGKING

ENGKING Thread Starter

Hi there,

I have an HP Desktop computer and I cannot connect to the internet. The problem started with my mouse not working well then my keyboard so we replaced them (that was a month ago). Then strange thing started to happen, a ticking sound started to sound every few minutes ..
    Apart from that, the computer seems well and functions properly. Then one day when I tried to turn it on, the screen looks different. I am referring to what I usually see on my screen whenever I turn it on..my pc is running on windows 7 but right now it looks like its on XP. Plus I cannot connect to the internet. The icon is no longer on the systems tray and when I tried to do the following:

system restore
    network troubleshooting

it wont allow me..when I do system restore it will say A volume shadow copy service component encountered an unexpected error. Check the application event log for more information (0x80042302)
    and with \

Pllease help...is this free or there is a cost? Let me know..

Thanks
    Erika

2. hetty61

hetty61

The 0X80042302 error may be caused by windows system files damage. The corrupted system files entries can be a real threat to the well being of your computer.
    There can be many events which may have resulted in the system files errors. An incomplete installation, an incomplete uninstall, improper deletion of applications or hardware. It can also be caused if your computer is recovered from a virus or adware/spyware attack or by an improper shutdown of the computer. All the above actives may result in the deletion or corruption of the entries in the windows system files. This corrupted system file will lead to the missing and wrongly linked information and files needed for the proper working of the application.

Novice Computer User Solution (completely automated):
    1) Download (0X80042302) repair utility.
    2) Install program and click Scan button.
    3) Click the Fix Errors button when scan is completed.
    4) Restart your computer.

hope this helps

3. haycg

haycg

One thing that can happen when you hear a clicking sound is your hard drive is
    about to fail. Might be your fan has a lot of dust on it.
    Did you Create your Recovery DVD's ? Use 7.1 Gb dvd - Take at least 3 DVD but
    have more just in case their needed.
    For HP computer - Start - All Program - Recovery Manager - Click Recovery Manager again
    - Recovery Media Creation (The words may be writen different) Click that - Next and so on.
    Follow directions. HP only allows one copy to be made on your computer. Once started don't stop it.

If for any reason your hard drive should fail you can buy a new hard drive and using the
    3 DVD reinstall Windows 7
    I've done this as a test because I wanted an extra hard drive as a backup.

3 more things you can try.
    1. Error Checking- CD not needed
    Start - my computer - right click local disk (C) - properties - Tools Tab -
    Error checking section - Check now - check mark both boxes - Start -
    This requires a restart to begin.

2. Start - Run - type - sfc /scannow - OK
    Don't forget the space between c and /
    You will need the Recovery CD if any thing is found wrong.
    Not sure what CD would be needed for Windows 7
    Their are 3 Install CD
    Don't insert unless asked for.
    ========================================
    Repair Disc
    Start - Control Panel - Backup and Restore - at the left top corner -
    Create a System Repair Disc - It may say DVD but a CD works OK
    With the Repair Disc in the tray, Restart your computer and be ready
    to press any key when asked.
    If it doesn't find and fix right off than click next and follow directions
    from the list that should come up.

Edit:
    You can buy canned air to blow the dust out of the inside of your computer.
    Never remove the fan that sets on the cpu to clean it.

4. haycg

haycg

A correction to this post
    The DVD's are 4.7 Gb..

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1035341

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice