1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Multiple Problems (Disabled Antivirus, Hijacked Browser, Unable to enter Safe Mode)

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by tallydot, Mar 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tallydot

tallydot Thread Starter

Hi,

I need help in repairing my laptop, I believe it was recently infected by a Virus / Malware. Below is a summary of what I'm experiencing for reference.

Operating System: Windows XP SP3
    Laptop Model: MSI-GX620 Series

*Unable to enter Safe Mode. It basically shows a blue screen but will quickly reboot afterwards (Registry Keys are already missing).
    *Unable to finish HijackThis scan, it runs but it will stop once it reaches the hosts section. Checked my host file and its a whopping 4MB file. Basically it is not able to generate any log file for review.
    *Cannot enable my Antivirus (Avira Free).
    *Unable to run Malware Bytes.
    *Multiple Running Process: ipconfig.exe

I'm on a different computer now, I can download files from here and I can just transfer the required files to my laptop if its needed.

Best,
    Brian

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/912240

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice