Multiple Problems with Win10

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

MrGarred

Hello, new to site, I'm Garred.

I have Multiple issues with my computer atm. It all started when my windows has been having trouble updating. whenever I try let it update, it will freeze or hang around 80-90% until I shut it down. when I do windows 10 will revert back to an older version. I've tried leaving it during the freeze for hours multiple times but doesn't seem to work. I even left it for 8 hours once. It will repeat this process every time I start my computer as it will download updates over and over, so I decided to disable the "windows update" service, everything was fine until new problems occurred.

I turned on my computer today and found that my Google Chrome did not want to launch, I found however that it was still running in Task Manager applications, but nothing coming up, along with my start/task bar not working properly. I can still click on it and click on start but when I try click Cortana search, it freezes. along with Calendar and the "new notification" button don't load when I click them. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Chrome but didn't work. I tried restarting multiple times. didn't work. I've even tried system restore but that also didn't work as it said "failed to system restore." I'm using Internet Explorer atm to hopefully get some help about these issues.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 16332 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7570, -2048 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 149 GB (53 GB Free); D: 1695 GB (857 GB Free);
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., CM6870
Antivirus: Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Disabled

Paul23

Paul
Temporarily Banned
Have you tried a repair install? Here is a video on how to do it.

MrGarred

Thanks for the reply. unfortunately I've tried this and it didnt work. got the usual hang at 81% reverted back and got this message

Attachments

Hi, failure in the second phase means that it was booting from the new OS, and either a driver, a usb peripheral device, or a anti virus program interfered, MS technical notes:-

Second boot phase: In this phase, the system is running under the target OS with new drivers. Boot failures are most commonly due to anti-virus software or filter drivers. Disconnect all peripheral devices except for the mouse, keyboard, and display. Obtain and install updated device drivers, temporarily uninstall anti-virus software, then retry the upgrade.

Paul23

Paul
Temporarily Banned
Yes. And for a next step, start your computer in Safe Mode and try the repair install again. If you have the same problem after doing this, you most likely have a hardware problem. Check your hard drive first, memory next.

MrGarred

how do I check if I have a hard drive problem? ive tried everything. I even tried doing a complete PC reset but I keep getting "there was a problem resetting this PC no changes made" My computer has gotten worse since last I posted. it is extremely slow and stutters and my task bar kind works but freezes typing this post took me awhile due to all the stutters.

texasbullet

Ramon
Try crystal disk info and download the standard version. You can have as many HDD connected to your computer and it will check all of them at once. When was the last time you made a fresh install of W10.

texasbullet

Ramon
The new Windows 10 Spring update should be released pretty soon. You may just want to wait to get the download.
If you want to install the Windows 10 Creators update I would recommend you to make a fresh install for less problems. If you have a spare HDD you may want to try it first with it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts