1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Multiple Problems :(

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by zousug, Mar 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zousug

zousug Thread Starter

Hello Guys / Gals,

I'm new to these forums but I have had some problems with my work pc. I am not the only one who uses this pc, I have not done anything to allow virus's etc on my pc.. im always careful as to sites i goto and emails etc.

Any I have multiple problems on this pc now.

This pc has always been slow and mostly cause its old.

But its gotten worse over the last few days since a 2nd person has been using this pc, and yesterday i was getting this error message "Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator" which i have fixed.. i removed the virus that was causing this problem but i have other problems on this pc i just found.

1) trying to use "Run" windows key + R results in this error "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator"

The run command is not even on my start menu any more.

2) the shut down button on my menu is gone.. only option left is the "Log Off" button

I am not sure what else is wrong at the moment.. but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

--EDIT--

Hey,

Iv done some looking around and found this little program http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_securityconsole.htm that i was able to use and fix the problem with my shutdown button and run command not being accessible.

But if any one could help me still as i would like to run some scans just to make sure every thing is ok now.

Thank you.

--END EDIT--

2. zousug

zousug Thread Starter

Hello,

Is any one able to help me?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!