Multiple Problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Disrupted

Vista - 32 bit home premium
Hp Pavillion dv6700z CTO notebook

Problem 1- As of 2 weeks ago my sound stopped working on my computer. The system tray sound icon stated that " NO audio device installed". I went through numerous troubleshooting tips from hp techs on how to correct the sound problem, including..
-Taking out my sound card and reinstalling it
- Reinstalling drivers. (which I have done a few times now, more on this later)
- Completing all bios / driver update
- finally came down to a factory restore

After the factory restore, The sound continued to not work. After nearly 2 hours of no sound, it started working again, for 30 minutes I had no problems. Long story short, every day my sound will work for give or take 5-10 minutes before it stops working for nearly 1-2 hours, before repeating the process. Sometimes the sound will work when I restart the computer but will stop 2-5minutes after I've logged in.
I have looked through a large portion of threads on this forum but cannot find a answer to my problem. When the sound is working, I have options to look in the Device manager at the Sound, Video, game controllers to either reinstall or uninstall it, when the sound isnt working I do not have access to that or the sound on the system tray.

Problem 2. As of 2 days ago, I would be playing an online game when the screen will turn into multicolored lines, pause for a few seconds then the computer will restart. This has happened 3 times now. I'm not sure if it is a video card problem or a problem connected with my sound.

I will provide any extra info that may be needed that I very well could have left out.

Thanks for the help in advance.

antech

Banned
Maybe the motherboard is going to die..
If you dont think so,
The sound card has been damaged...
I am also experiencing the same problem but with the Wireless unit on my Compaq v3000.
Its 4 year old and the mobo is going to die soon.

Disrupted

I'm most likely going to replace the sound card within the next few days. I'm no expert on computers but I don't see how problems with my sound card could relate to the second problem stated..

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online