1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Multiple problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by aims, Apr 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. aims

aims Thread Starter

Hi

I have had a problem with my laptop for about 8 weeks and I just can't seem to solve it.

The biggest problem is that it refuses to load most websites unless I keep pressing the refresh key, I literally have to press it 20 times to connect with sites like hotmail, google etc, and then it is still slow switching through pages.
    It is also pretty slow when using software like word etc.

I have had a major clear out, deleted profiles which weren't needed, cleared out temp internet files and cookies, disk defragmented, and used ccleaner. Avg free is showing no problems and super anti spyware found nothing untoward either.

I don't know if this is relevant but today my computer informed me that Norton Antivirus was no longer installed (hasn't been for about 3 years?) and I also notice that when I send emails from my hotmail the time is an hour out from my pc time.

The device manager shows all of my hardware is working correctly.

Anyway my laptop is a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo pi 1505 and here is its spec:

Genuine intel (R) CPU
    T2050 @1.60 ghz
    504 mb ram

Thanks for looking

aims :eek:

2. oksteve

oksteve

is it just the sites mentioned that take long to load ?

3. aims

aims Thread Starter

No it's pretty much all of them!

4. oksteve

oksteve

My first thought is your modem and or your areas broadband speed.
    Which BB provider do you use?
    Have you contacted them ?

5. aims

aims Thread Starter

I thought that, but both my children have laptops and don't experience the problems which I am having. I wondered whether I have a virus hidden somewhere deep or whether uninstalling and reinstalling internet explorer would help? Although the pc itself does seem a little clunky when not on the internet?

Aimee

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/918783

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice