1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Multiple Roger Wilco sessions?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by erocktroll, Oct 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. erocktroll

erocktroll Thread Starter

I have two gamers running behind a Linksys Router at my house. They have recently decided that they would like to be able to use Roger Wilco to chat. One of them is able to hear other users outside our network and the other is not. There is no port forwarding set up. Is it possible to instruct a router to sent information coming in on the specific port to multiple pcs? Or is there some other way to set this up? I have a decent background in computers, but networking isn't my strong point (n) and I'm not sure where to go with this. If it helps any, we are using a cable line and have 5 pc's with static ip's on them. I attempted setting up port forwarding of that port to both PC's, but that doesn't do anything - I'm not even sure if it's a valid thing to do. They can both hear each other fine, it's just sound from outside our network that isn't working for one of them. If it means anything, the one with the lower of the two ip's is the one that is able to hear. Roger Wilco allows for changing the outgoing ports, but doesn't permit changing the incoming one for sound, so I can reconfigure that. I can't find anything on their help site about trying to do this.

Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

2. erocktroll

erocktroll Thread Starter

Hi all. I know a few of you have looked at my post, and I appreciate those of you who did. I finally got this working. I had to go through the wizard on RW and change the tcp/udp port on one of them. Then use that port and the port +1 and have the router forward that to the second computer. This got them both able to talk and hear. I still haven't fingured out how to get them to be able to host/launch a "base station" of their own...they won't show in the server list and can't connect to it using the external ip, although they can with the internal. Oh well...they will survive.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/169784

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice