Multiple Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controllers

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

OniMessiah

I've had this problem ever since I used Driver Cleaner Pro to get rid of all registry entries of my nForce3 drivers before actually uninstalling the drivers through Add/Remove Programs:

First of all, every time I insert a disc in my DVD-ROM drive, the D drive disappears, after which I can't eject the disc unless I restart. Also, if I try to reinstall the nForce drivers, it looks like it's installing the Parallel and Serial ATA Controllers, but they never show up in the Device Manager even after restarting. I admit I made a stupid mistake, but now I don't know how to get rid of it.

Have you Tried a System Restore selecting a date before you ran Driver Cleaner Pro?

OniMessiah

That's the problem, I have System Restore turned off. I can't think of any other way to remedy this problem, but I don't want to have to perform a clean install of XP unless I have to.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Go under the IDE controllers and uninstall ALL of the stuff there, say no to any reboot questions until you're done. Reboot and let Windows rediscover the hardware, and see if that eliminates the duplicates.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online