1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Multiple tabs opening simultaneously at high speed (Firefox)

Discussion in 'General Security' started by xcourtneymaex, Mar 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. xcourtneymaex

xcourtneymaex Thread Starter

Yes, I don't know why, but this is the second time that I've actually experienced this problem. The first time I thought that it was a trojan and I decided to reformat my computer.

Now, I want to be absolutely positive. Whenever I open firefox every now and then when I'm visiting websites multiple tabs will open at high rates of speed and I cannot stop them from opening. I have to CTRL-ALT-DELETE and end firefox & sometimes I basically have to get lucky doing that. Otherwise I just reboot.

Can someone educate me on what the problem might be, what I can do to solve it, & keep it from happening again?

Thank you very much! :D
    Courtney

2. sup2a

sup2a

does it happen on any other browser? and if you haven't already try re-installing firefox

3. xcourtneymaex

Yes, I've already done that - twice.

& No it doesn't happen with any other browser except Firefox.

When I disable the using of tabs completely it opens multiple windows - which is even more aggravating.

4. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79

Hi xcourtneymaex,

How do you have Tabs in your Firefox preferences set?

Do you possibly have any RSS feeds? At the end of the RSS feed list for almost any RSS feed, there is a last entry to - Open All in Tabs. Could you inadvertently be clicking on that?

-- Tom

5. xcourtneymaex

No.
    I don't subscribe to RSS feeds at all.

& it seems to just happen... no matter what website I'm on & it happens completely randomly.

I still think it's a virus of some kind or malware... but I have no idea.

I'll end up installing symantec or something to see if that will fix it.

6. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79

Why not first visit the Mozilla forums for Firefox. Installing symantec seems a bit extreme if it is not a virus.

Go here to start. You can search the knowledge base for "multiple tabs opening", and if you don't find anything you can join the forums and ask your question there with a decidedly more knowledgeable membership about problems with Firefox.

-- Tom

7. xcourtneymaex

Sounds good.
    I'll do that, I never thought of that.

haha.

Thank you! =)

8. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79

Hi xcourtneymaex,

Please post the solution in this thread when you are able to resolve the problem.

Others confronted with that same problem would surely want to know how you corrected it!

-- Tom

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/697794

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice