1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Multiple Users using the same roaming Mandatory Profile

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by ALLoY1717, Jan 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ALLoY1717

ALLoY1717 Thread Starter

First off I'm using Win 2000 server, with a mix of Win 2000 and XP Pro clients.

I have been struggling with this for a little while now and can't figure out what I am doing wrong/forgetting.
    So basically what I want is a single mandatory profile that is going to be used by a group of users. This is what I have done so far.
    All the users are in place and my group policy for those OU's is also in place. The directory for the shared folder where the profile is stored in has been entered into those user accounts in active directory. I have logged in as on of the users to create the profile within that shared directory. The file extension for the NTUSER.DAT file has been manually changed to .MAN.
    However I can only get it to work with the account that I first logged in as to create the profile. If I try with any other account it pretty much ignores all the group policy settings. I can't think of what I did wrong or what I haven't done to make this work.
    Please, need help bad.

Thanks for any replies.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/539834

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice