1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Multiple Video Card Display Question

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by bobroosth, Oct 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bobroosth

bobroosth Thread Starter

I have a Dell 2400 with a second video card installed. I have one connected to standard monitor and the other to a video projector.

I want them to display the same information rather and separate parts of a wide desktop. I see no way to make that happen with the controls that Windows XP Pro includes nor with the nVidia utility.

Is this possible, or do I need to invest in a video (VGA) splitter?

2. Walrus2!!

Walrus2!!

Have a dual head setup at church and there is no way that I know of to make there be only one desktop. That would be defeating the point. The two cards give you two completely independent displays. You should look into a "T.V.ator". Or your projector may have an RGB in and out so you can use the same video card and two cables. Unless it needs to be far away.

3. Walrus2!!

Walrus2!!

I Just found that you may be able to do a "clone" your primary desktop to the secondary display. Not sure with you setup though.

4. bobroosth

bobroosth Thread Starter

Cloning the primary display is precisely what I want to do, but have found no way to get Windows to do so.

5. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    What two video cards do you have? Can you not enable the second display in the Settings portion on Display Properties by right clicking on each monitor? Also go into Advanced and you should see the clone option.

You may be using the Microsoft provided Nvidia driver, try a newer driver and the utitilies provided by NVidia @ www.nvidia.com

6. bobroosth

bobroosth Thread Starter

The first display adapter is the one Dell builds in, from Intel. The second is PNY's nVidia MX440. Using nVidia's drivers.

I'll look again for a clone option. Haven't seen one yet.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!