1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Multiple Wireless Adapters

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Soldi3runit, Aug 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Soldi3runit

Soldi3runit Thread Starter

Hi,

I have a wireless router and my desktop (Windows XP) is connected to it by an USB Wireless Adapter.

I am wondering if having more than one USB Wireless Adapters will do anything with the connection in any way? For example, will having 2 Adapters make my connection better if both is at full bars?

I have 2 Wireless Adapters right now, One is Netgear and the other is D-Link.

Thank you for your Response.
    Sorry if this is in wrong section.

Soldi3runit

2. TekTime

TekTime

No, two wireless adapters won't effectively do anything to enhance your signal since your computer only
    uses one at a time to connect to the Internet.

Hope that info answers your question.

3. JennyJackson01

JennyJackson01

As TekTime said, the system only uses one at a time and given the choice, I`d opt for the Netgear but that`s just a personal preference.

You may get a small speed increase over wireless by using an RJ45 cable hard-wired to the LAN port but it`ll only ever be as good as the ISP gives you and the router itself can recieve and sent out.

Jenny

4. Soldi3runit

Soldi3runit Thread Starter

Ok, I'll use only one. I find my Netgear (even though it cost more and is brand new) to be acting horrible. It keeps disconnecting from my Router but it reconnects 2 secs later. It gets annoying since I do play Online games and this makes me have to relog in....

My D-Link, which I had for 3 years now, has been perfect in performance which ironically is alot cheaper. The Netgear is a the best you can buy of it's kind but idk, it might be defective.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1064638