1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mup.sys hangs XP boot (new mobo)

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by djrima, Jun 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djrima

djrima Thread Starter

I recently purchased an ECS K75SA pro and an AMD Athlon 2400+ I formatted the HD and put a fresh install of Win XP Pro (full version). Setup for Windows XP completes and on the first attempt to get into windows after is auto restarts the boot hangs on a file. I told it to record the bootlog (I am able to get into windows in Safe Mode). In Safe Mode i looked at the bootlog. MUP.SYS is the file that appears to be hanging my system.

This is what I have tried
    - taking all extra harware out (including trying a PCI video card instead of AGP and RAM)
    - enabeling/disabeling all options and peripherals in BIOS (plug and plac, ACPI etc.)
    - resetting CMOS
    - formatting HD, defragmenting and installng XP on a raw partioned drive and an Fdisked drive

so my brand new mobo, for some reason is causing the system to hang while XP attempts to load MUP.SYS (C:/...Drivers/Mup.sys)

what can i do to get into windows!? There has to be a way...

thanks in advance

2. dai

dai

from a search on google it recommends removing one pci card at a time to isolate the offending card.there seeem to be a lot of problems being posted with this paticular ecs m/board

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/138977

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice