1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Murder in Greenwich

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by chalky, Oct 4, 2003.

Advertisement
  1. chalky

chalky Thread Starter

Just bought a few DVDs....One of thems a true story based on the Moxley/ Skakel case 1975....Kennedy nephew Michael Skakel was committed twenty five years later....

Anyone remember the trial ... that wasn't covered in the film.....interesting.....

2. angelize56

angelize56 Always remembered in our hearts

Hi chalky: Skakel's trial for the murder of Moxley began in May of 2002, and on June 7, 2002 the jury returned a verdict of guilty. Skakel was sentenced to from 20 years to life in prison. He is a nephew of Ethel Kennedy (The late Robert's wife). The Kennedy money couldn't buy him out of this one! A murderer is a murderer despite what class of society they come from! Take care. angel

3. angelize56

angelize56 Always remembered in our hearts

His trial was as about as interesting as OJ's! *yawn* Too much news on it! :D

4. chalky

chalky Thread Starter

Hi Angel..

I found the the film interesting, it seems it was because of the book written by - Mark Fuhrman -dedication or for money - that Skakel was brought to trial....with the evidence he gathered there was no choice but to go ahead....

Fuhrman worked as a LAPD officer on the OJ case...left the force in disgrace....apparently....there were a few things the film didn't cover....

5. Mulderator

Mulderator

I thought this said "Mulder in Greewnwich"? :confused:

6. CyBerAliEn

CyBerAliEn

LOL... I thought I saw the same when I first read it.

7. chalky

chalky Thread Starter

I reckon there are times when you get that close....:p :D

To being murdered I mean.....:D

8. steppenwolf

steppenwolf

i hear about it on news and now theyre saying he is actally innocent

9. steppenwolf

steppenwolf

10. steppenwolf

steppenwolf

Moxley calls Skakel story 'startling'
    By Hoa Nguyen and Neil Vigdor - Stamford Advocate
    News that Michael Skakel's attorneys will ask for a new trial based on an interview with Kobe Bryant's cousin -- who reportedly implicates two childhood friends in the murder of Martha Moxley -- has caused a stir among people close to the case.

Dorthy Moxley, mother of the 15-year-old girl who was slain in Belle Haven nearly 28 years ago, said she read the story on the Internet.

"It's a little startling, to say the least," Moxley said. "I think we just have to wait until they present their motion in court."

Moxley said the fact that Skakel's attorneys were seeking a new trial wasn't in itself surprising.

"I think you realize when you're in a situation like this that it doesn't go away," she said. "You're always ready for something."

The Hartford Courant reported yesterday that the attorneys handling Skakel's appeal intend to clear their client by submitting as new evidence a 90-minute videotaped interview with Gitano "Tony" Bryant, a cousin of Los Angeles Lakers guard Kobe Bryant, who is a defendant in his own criminal case.

Tony Bryant, a classmate of Skakel's at the private Brunswick School in Greenwich, is reported in The Courant to have said he went to Belle Haven the night of the murder with two friends who talked of attacking a girl "caveman style." After telling them he didn't want a part in their plans, Bryant said, he left on a train at about 9 p.m. to return to his home in the Bronx, N.Y., The Courant reported.

Bryant's friends, who he said were carrying Skakel's golf clubs on the night of the murder, admitted their role in the attack to Bryant days later, according to Bryant, who when reached for comment said he stood behind his statement, the newspaper reported.

The Courant, who did not name Bryant's friends because it could not reach them, confirmed the contents of Bryant's story with another Brunswick classmate, Tres Mills.

http://www.marthamoxley.com/news/090703gt.htm

11. chalky

chalky Thread Starter

Thanks for the link step.....:)

12. LANMaster

LANMaster Banned

Freaking me out, over here. I thought it said Mulder in Greenwich also! :eek:

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/169537

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice