1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mushkin SSD no longer detected

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Ctchristensen, Dec 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ctchristensen

Ctchristensen Thread Starter

So I booted up my computer today and all of a sudden it's booting up an old version of windows 7 (I run windows 10) so I knew something was wrong with my ssd which has my current windows 10 OS on it. I go into the bios and it's no longer detecting my ssd. I moved some sata cables around and tried various ports and cables and got it to detect once. Now it's not detecting at all. I'm not quite sure what to do from here.

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    If the SSD is not detected in the Bios using the same data and power cables that work for the other drive then the SSD is probably faulty.

Can you test the SSD in another computer ?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1182283

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice