Music Aches and Pains

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

James Crosso

I've got a killer system with 1Gb RAM, 24Bit Audio system, and a wireless keyboard and mouse. When I play music back in Windows Media Player, everything sounds wonderful . . . except when I'm typing.

While typing, I get occasional, but definite, blips in the sound playback. Because my system is so new and powerful, I have serious doubts it's related to RAM. It is really bothering me.

I tried increasing the buffer for music on WMP, but it didn't do anything.

Does anybody have any idea what I could try?

James

It's probably due to signal interference being picked up by your speaker wires.. I would try isolating your speaker wires as far away from other cables as you can.. Unfortunately, not many speaker manufacturers use good quality shielded wires.. You may be able to replace the wires with better quality wires, or wrap the wires around a circular magnet to aid in shielding them.

James Crosso

Awesome. You think Monster cable or Radioshack has them? I should look exactly for what? Shielded wires? Can I buy any kind of electrical tape or anything to wrap around them?

MysticEyes

Banned
You might trying going the the sites of whoever makes your system (or MOBO or sound card) and see if this a problem with others that has been resolved. You might also make sure you have the latest SC drivers. You might also try a standard (wired) keyboard and mouse to see if that helps. Or simply re-orient some of the various components (wires/keyboard/mouse).

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online