1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Music downloads

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by sasilasi, Jan 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sasilasi

sasilasi Thread Starter

Hi all
    I can't seem to find the info I am looking for even at the music download help site.
    How do you ensure a good quality download?
    Some songs I have downloaded sound like pure crap.
    Should you look for a high or low number for kbps?
    Any sites that explain in greater detail would be great.
    Also, I have windows xp with the new media player. I cannot find where or how to print covers for cd's.

Thanks All

2. Shadow2531

Shadow2531

if you are referring to standard mp3s, then 128kbits/s or higher, but shoot for at least 192kbits/s

but as how you ensure a good quality download, you really can't. If you download it, it either sounds good or it doesn't. not much you can do about it. But generally it doesn't matter how you download it.

If you use the standard MS download utilty as opposed to a download accelerator/other, you might have better luck.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/65866

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice