Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

music library seems to skip randomly

1K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  the14thgod 
#1 ·
No one has been able to describe this and trying to find a fix on the internet is proving to be impossible (at least through Google).

Basically, I'm playing music and all of a sudden it stops. I click the player and it's not responding for a few seconds and then goes to a new song. If I happen to have it on top of all the other windows I see the media player cycling through a bunch of songs and then it starts playing one. I say 'media player' becuase I have tried WMP, VLC, Songbird, and WinAmp, but they all do the same thing.

**edit**
I can go back and play through the song it just skipped through just fine. So if Metallica - Enter Sandman skips and I go back to play the song, it plays through just fine.
**/end edit**

This is completely random, however I have noticed it tends to happen more after 20mins-1hour of being asleep/shut down a while. Then it's even more random to the point where I may not even have the problem. It seems to be doing it more often now though so I'm getting worried / more annoyed.

I thought maybe it was my hard drive cause it's happened a couple times while watching anime (the video just stops and goes to the beginning). This has only happened within the last 2 weeks though. So I switched to my library on an external hard drive but it still happens on there. So then I tried installing songbird on my 2nd hard drive and playing it on there. Maybe my main hard drive is going I was thinking. Nope, 20 mins later it does it a couple of times.

I did build this computer in late July, however it still happened on my old build. So that's why I tested the hard drives since they are the only things that are the same.

It's also just the music, I tested with a YouTube video playing and a video on my main hard drive. Songbird (at the time on the 2nd hard drive) skipped, but the audio was still playing on both the YouTube and VLC.

Anyone got any ideas?

At the moment I am testing a video on the 2nd hard drive as well as audio playing, seeing if they both go out which would (I think) point to the 2nd hard drive. But that seems odd that both my 2nd hard drive and external would do the same thing...
I also disabled enhancements as that seems to be a popular thing in search results.

Thanks for any and all help.

See less See more
#2 ·
Enhancements disabled did not work.

I had a video on the 2nd hard drive playing as well as the audio. When it happened, both VLC and WMP failed. However, it finally logged an application error in the Event Viewer with this error for VLC (it force closed basically):

Faulting application name: vlc.exe, version: 1.1.4.0, time stamp: 0x4c76f9fe
Faulting module name: libmkv_plugin.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4c76fa06
Exception code: 0x40000015
Fault offset: 0x000819f1
Faulting process id: 0x10a8
Faulting application start time: 0x01cb51608816eb05
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\plugins\libmkv_plugin.dll
Report Id: 32b9ba7a-bd5a-11df-80dc-6cf049ec5d74

Google searching for the error code hasn't really given me anything useful...

*edit*
Also I've noticed the last few times (can't recall before then) that my keyboard went unlit. It's a Razar Larycosa so it has back lights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.