1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Music not playing from website

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by Lee124, Mar 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lee124

Lee124 Thread Starter

Please help - here is the scenario:
    Trying to play music (meditation soundtrack) from a site called Headspace.com. (This is a site where you pay for a daily meditation session, and you have to play it directly from the website - it can not be downloaded or saved in any way). So far so good...
    Problem is as follows: I need to play these on the business PC's. The company has a web filtering system which works on a 'whitelist': so all sites are blocked by default unless added to an 'approved' list...
    I have added 'Headspace.com' to the whitelist. I can access it fine, get onto the page and click on the play button. It shows it's playing, but the counter which shows progress through the sound track doesn't move from '00' and there is no sound obviously.
    I have tries deleting cookies, using different browsers, rebooting, etc, but nothing works. I have tried inspecting the web page to see if there's any other sites which the sound track is playing from, but there doesn't seem to be, and Headspace.com say it's definitely hosted on their own site.
    If I disable the internet filter completely so it's open access it plays fine, but I need it to work with the company web filter in place.

I really hope one of you geniuses can shed some light on this - it's a real pain for me right now...

Thanks very much in anticipation!

Tried to attach a picture of what the screen looks like when it's not working.[​IMG]

2. keltic1der

keltic1der

First Name:
    Donald
    When I did firewall support, the whitelist is just for the website. The firewall may still be blocking the music file as that can sometimes come from a different source or the extension of the music file may be blocked.. Depending on the IT person, they may not want to unblock the media so it does not "hog" up the bandwidth and slow down the network.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!