Music not playing in Media player 11

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dedee

I am trying to play my music in media player 11 and it will not play. The message comes up that windows can not find file cause it has been moved, renamed or deleted. When i download a new song and just put it in my comp it will not play saying that the file attempting to play has an extenstion(.mp3) that does not match file format. I can play music videos on you tube just fine and i can play music that has a file of .wma or .m4a but not mp3's. Can someone tell me how to fix my comp so it will play mp3s that are stored in my comp or music player.

In WMP go to Tools > Options > File Types tab, make sure MP3 is checked.

WMP doesn't use .m3u files for playlists, it uses .wpl files. If you have a lot of m3u playlists I would use MediaMonkey instead of WMP.

dedee

It is my comp that will not read the mp3 file and it use to let me play them. Went in to Media player and everything is checked off that should be. not sure why they will not play anymore.

dedee

Maybe i can explain my issue a little better with what i just noticed, i am no comp wiz so i would luv any help. I am in music player and i am able to play my metallica mp3 i added many years ago by a cd. But i can not play my mp3s that i added from blubster or any other free downloadable site like beemp3. When i look at the properties on the metallia mp3 it has the lengh,bit rate,media type,audio codec loca.In the contents it has the name,artist,description and so on, in the media usage it says the file is not protected. When i look at the blubster one it only says the location and in the contents it only says the name of the song. In the media usage it says the file is missing usage rights. Can i not play my blubster songs because they came from a free site. When i go to beemp3 site to download a song it will download it but then it will not play in my comp and when i try to move it to media player it will not go there. If i can not play free songs on media player does anyone know a player i should use to do this cause alot of my songs i have saved are from blubster and if there is a player i can switch to can i completly remove windows media player.

I can't help you with this since it boarders on breaking this TSG rule:

P2P Instructions - We do not support P2P file sharing applications and any threads requesting help for such will be closed. This includes Torrents, Kazaa, LimeWire, RapidShare, Pirate Bay, and the like. If you're interested in the topic, you are free to discuss it on our site (and please visit StealingIsIllegal.com), but information on how to use them will not be provided.
http://www.techguy.org/rules.html#cat1

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online