1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Music/video not playing (Not an audio problem)

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by AgentDark, May 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AgentDark

AgentDark Thread Starter

Ok, I restarted my computer from a fresh boot this morning and when I opened up iTunes to play a song, I clicked the play button. It then proceeds to keep the song on 0:00, no audio no nothing. No attempt to even start the song.

Thinking it was an iTunes error I tried to play something in WMP. It did the same thing....clicked play and the song stays on 0:00. Now I tried to play a video in WMP to see if that worked, and it played extremely slowly and laggy with no audio. VLC media player is doing the same thing.

Some background on my system, it doesn't lag. I have an i7920 and the hard drive the music and audio is stored on is extremely fast. I also tried moving the music to a different HD on my system and it does the same thing. Any help is appreciated. I am going to try a system restore.

2. AgentDark

AgentDark Thread Starter

A system restore fixed it. Looks like a windows update was installed. Thats the only thing that could have done it. I haven't installed anything for over a week. If you know what might have done it specifically, let me know.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/923026

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice