1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Music

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by rev1065, Oct 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rev1065

rev1065 Thread Starter

I have the code in my file to play music on my site but where and how do I get the music?::confused:

2. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

That would really depend what music you want.

3. hyler

hyler

If your using a recent version of Windows Media player, just put in a CD, go through the "help" tutorial on how to rip music onto your computer from the CD. Rip it. Then upload it onto your website, then change it's name to the name of the file that should be playing. Now just sit back and wait for the RIAA to come after you;) .

4. 700mb80min

700mb80min Banned

You should go with a midi file , or visitors to your site will leave by the time it loads .

P.S.......html a stop button or small corner player so it can be shut off ;)

5. rev1065

rev1065 Thread Starter

I tried to use some music in my music file but it wouldnt work since I have to use (WAV, AU, or AIFF format) to make the code work. I tried to change the name but it wouldnt work either.

6. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

What code were you trying?

7. rev1065

rev1065 Thread Starter

<EMBED SRC="sound_filename.wav" WIDTH=1 HEIGHT=1 HIDDEN="true" AUTOSTART="true" LOOP="false"></EMBED>

8. rev1065

rev1065 Thread Starter

For background sound and music, all you need is one simple tag: <EMBED>. Though it's not standard HTML, it is supported by most web browsers right now. The quick and easy format for a background sound is this:
    <EMBED SRC="sound_filename.wav" WIDTH=1 HEIGHT=1 HIDDEN="true" AUTOSTART="true" LOOP="false"></EMBED>
    That's it. Put that in your page, and change "sound_filename.wav" to the name of the sound file (WAV, AU, or AIFF format) you want to play. You can also say <LOOP="true">, if you want your sound to loop forever. The <EMBED> tag actually supports MIDI files, QuickTime movies, and AVI movies, among other things. But that's a different story...

9. rev1065

rev1065 Thread Starter

For background sound and music, all you need is one simple tag: <EMBED>. Though it's not standard HTML, it is supported by most web browsers right now. The quick and easy format for a background sound is this:
    That's it. Put that in your page, and change "sound_filename.wav" to the name of the sound file (WAV, AU, or AIFF format) you want to play. You can also say <LOOP="true">, if you want your sound to loop forever. The <EMBED> tag actually supports MIDI files, QuickTime movies, and AVI movies, among other things. But that's a different story...

10. rev1065

rev1065 Thread Starter

I went to the site to down load some mini's
    How do I know if they downloaded and if they did where did they go?

11. Corrosive

Corrosive

They downloaded correctly if you see them in the folder you told them to go. Sheesh :rolleyes:

12. rev1065

rev1065 Thread Starter

The problem is that 700mb80min gave me a site to go to but when i click download it plays music and nothing else. I have never downloaded music before so give me a break.

13. 700mb80min

700mb80min Banned

Make a music file and your player will find them .

14. rev1065

rev1065 Thread Starter

I thank you all for the help I figured it out the files on the midi site dont work to download so i found another site and one clip is on a page on my site. Sorry for the problems

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/173100

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice