1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

music

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by terry ballard, Jan 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. terry ballard

terry ballard Thread Starter

Is it possible to copy part or all of a music cd to your harddrive? If so how do you do this?

2. Irene

Irene

Music On The Hard Drive
    To copy a CD's music to your hard drive, click the CD Audio button while in the Windows Me Media Player, then unselect those titles you do NOT want. Go to Tools, then Options and make sure that Digital Copying is selected within the CD Audio Tab. Click OK. Click the Copy Music button on the toolbar. The button will change to Stop Copy while copying. The music will then be copied automatically to your "My Music" folder within "My Documents."

If, after pressing the Copy Music, you get an error stating that your CD does not support digital formats, and switches the format to Analogue, your CD player may not support Digital CD playing and the quality might not be as good. The files, however, will still copy. Remember to observe all copyright laws when duplicating music.

:)

3. terry ballard

terry ballard Thread Starter

Thank you, it sounds easy enough. I'll give it a try.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66222

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice