musicmatch aol removal

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tderose

I have a friend who has a dell. Verrrry slow loading. I noticed that it loads aol and musicmatch at the startup even though he never uses them. When I used the remove program in the control panel, it refused to remove them. When I used msconfig to at least stop loading them at startup, it rechecked the programs so that they were loaded at start up. Is there someway of removing these persistent programs from the startup at least or completely ideally.

tderose

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Uninstall/remove them from the Add/Remove Programs list in the Control Panel, then delete their leftover folders from inside the C:\Program Files folder.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You might also want to make use of this tool:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=5223

It was originally designed to help get rid of all the useless bloat that comes with Dell computers.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I've only used it once on a friend's Dell Dimension desktop. Let me know how it worked for you. Definitely get rid of "AOL Hell" and MusicMatch because you have no use for them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online