1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Musicmatch Juke Box won't run

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Lilibeta, Nov 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Lilibeta

Lilibeta Thread Starter

Hi, new to the forum.

spex: Dell Inspiron 1200 Intel Celeron 1.30GHzw. Windows XP Home version 2002 w. Service pack 2 - 25gig NTFS hard drive not quite 3/4 full, I think 248MB RAM, DVD/CD

Musicmatch 10 came installed on the laptop and I used it on my desktop computer as well.

Yesterday I added about 1.5gigs of new music to my laptop and now MMJB won't run. When I double click on the shortcut, the splash screen opens, the runs byte runs and that's it. The splash screen disappears and the program never opens.

When I go into MyMusic and doubleclick on a music file there, the same thing happens.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program but with the same result.

Any help is appreciated.

2. stantley

stantley

Hi, welcome TSG.

Do you have Jukebox Plus? Do you have IE 7 or iTunes installed because they can sometimes cause a conflict with MM. You could try installing a different version 10 which you can get here: http://oldapps.com/MusicMatch_Jukebox.htm. Right now I'm using 10.00.4033.

3. Lilibeta

Lilibeta Thread Starter

Love your avatar, the scrat rules!

Just regular Jukebox I guess, free version, 10.

I uninstalled it and re-downloaded it and re-installed it. Working fine now. Most likely something went awry and the download was corrupt. Joys of dialup interent! :p

Thanks for you help.

4. stantley

stantley

Thanks, Scrat is pretty cool.

The reason I asked about Jukebox Plus is because if you still had problems and just have the free version I'd say dump MM and get something else. MM was a great all-in-one music management program, but it died the day Yahoo bought it and the Yahoo Jukebox is a very poor substitute.

The problem with the free version of MM is that it's crippleware, it limits the ripping and burning speeds, there's no super tagging and no custom library views. But the paid version is still a good music database.

Anyway since development of MM has stopped, eventually there will come a time when it won't run and a reinstall won't fix it. So just keep in mind that at some point you'll need to get something else. I think I'm probably going to get MediaMonkey when I make the switch, it seems to be the closest thing to Musicmatch out there.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/646941

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice