1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mustek problem

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by scuffer92, Apr 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. scuffer92

scuffer92 Thread Starter

Hi All
    I have just bought a USB Mustek DV2000 camera. When I connect it to the USB connection point on my computer I get a message saying Unknown Device. My printer and scanner work so my connection would seem to be OK. Anybody got any ideas to a solution to this problem. I’ve tried the camera on a Laptop and it works fine so I know it’s not faulty.

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

And your operating system is...?

3. scuffer92

scuffer92 Thread Starter

Windows XP, the drivers and software have also been installed
    from the disk supplied with the camera. There is also a yellow exclamation mark in Device Manager against USB device under USB controllers. Hope this additional info may help.?

4. MustBNuts

MustBNuts

Mustek addresses this here: http://www.mustek.com/Support/dv2000faq.html#prob8

If the Console program states that your camera is not connected and will not load any of the thumbnails OR if the camera is not detected by your computer, please follow these instructions:

IF YOU ARE RUNNING WINDOWS 2000 OR XP:

1. Make sure the camera is NOT connected to your computer.
    2. Right-click the MY COMPUTER icon.
    3. Left-click PROPERTIES.
    4. Click on the HARDWARE tab.
    5. Click on the DEVICE MANAGER button.
    6. Turn the camera on and connect it to an available USB port (DO NOT connect the camera through a USB HUB).
    7. In the DEVICE MANAGER, look for any devices that appear after you connect the camera. The device will have a yellow exclamation point or yellow question mark next to it. If you do not see any such devices, press the MODE button on the camera. Pressing this button will toggle the camera between Mass Storage and PC Camera modes.
    8. If the device is called "USB device" or "Unknown device", double-click it.
    9. Click on REINSTALL DRIVER.
    10. Click NEXT or OK or FINISH until the drivers are updated successfully.

NOTE: During this process, the CONSOLE may open up automatically saying the camera is not connected, simply close the CONSOLE. After closing the CONSOLE, a "Found New Hardware" window may appear, simply click NEXT or OK or FINISH until the drivers are installed. Once the drivers are installed, close out of all windows/programs and restart your computer with the camera turned on and connected to the computer. When the computer is all the way up, you should be able to access the pictures in the CONSOLE.

Hope this helps,

MBN

5. scuffer92

scuffer92 Thread Starter

I followed step by step your suggestions. The console and Removable disk icon in my computer appeared, but no pictures. So I pressed the mode button and a box appeared over the console saying could not open because of an I/O error. On rebooting the machine its back to square one. The removable disk icon is absent but the console appears with a box that states No device connection found on computer press mode button. If I go into device manager unknown device is still there, if I press the mode button mass storage device appears with an exclamation mark. Thanks for previous suggestions; any other ideas would be appreciated.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/221823

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice