1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mute Button Light Stuck

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ShockSmoove, Mar 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ShockSmoove

ShockSmoove Thread Starter

How's it going? I have a problem that's been driving me crazy. I'm new here so forgive me and feel free to direct me to any thread if it's been posted already.

So I have a HP DV6-2162NR laptop and the mute button (touch) is stuck in the mute position (see picture).

The button works completely fine, as in it will mute and unmute on command but the button does not change color from orange to white.

I couldn't do a system restore because there wasn't one saved. I tried disabling the sound card but that didn't work.

I'll restart it and it turns white. But as soon as Windows 7 loads, it turns orange and stays orange.

Any ideas? I'm trying to do this without resorting to a format. Thanks..

Attached Files:

2. Hermitt43

Hermitt43

3. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

I'm not sure why Hermitt43 would have you run a check on operating system files for what certainly seems to be a hardware problem. I would suggest not doing that since it won't resolve the issue and could cause other problems.

4. ShockSmoove

what harm could it do by scanning for files?

5. ShockSmoove

I just tried what Hermitt suggested..no go.

6. Hermitt43

Hermitt43

My Bad, DoubleHelix. I wasn't aware that running SFC could cause problems.

Jim

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1043534

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice