1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Muting master volume doesn't mute all?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by zenubio, Feb 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zenubio

zenubio Thread Starter

I've got a cordless logitech iTouch keyboard. When I hit the button button on the keyboard, it mutes the "master volume". However WAV volume seems to overwrite the master volume. Meaning if I have an mp3 playing you can still hear it even though master volume is mute.

Strange I know, but it's true.

Sound card is onboard: Intel 82801BA/BAM AC' 97

I've got latest drivers from Logitech, but problem still occurs with different keyboard.

2. croquesaveur

croquesaveur

Hi:

I have the same problem. WAV volume level is used instead of master volume. It does not matter if I use my laptops volume buttons or adjust the volume with the volume control in the Control Panel.

My sound is processed using an ALi Audio Accelerator.

If anyone can help with this it'd be super.

Croque.

3. zenubio

zenubio Thread Starter

The problem for me was that my sound card was using default windows drivers so it didn't show up as an unknown device in device manager. When I installed the driver that was designed for my sound card the problem went away.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/206781

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice