1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My 1070 Gpus HDMI port isn’t working properly

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by GreasyBoi, Dec 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. GreasyBoi

GreasyBoi Thread Starter

Okay so basically this is my first time every building a pc so I need a lot help with the last few steps.To cut the chase I have this problem with my gpus hdmi port where it doesn’t do anything when plugged in and connected to my tv .There is no signal when I check the tv inputs, so it’s just a black screen with no bios showing up.I thoughtIt was my HDMI cable but I tried a DVI cable with a HDMI adapter but that didnt work either.My power is supply is working normally, and the gpu has a small white lite showing rather than a green or red one .So I basically just need help understanding my problem

2. phillpower2

phillpower2

Hello GreasyBoi,

Check the settings on the TV, brands are different but on my TV handset you press source which brings up a list of options HDMI 1, 2, 3, 4 etc, among the options is one for PC, I have to select this if I want to use the TV as an external display for the notebook.

3. GreasyBoi

GreasyBoi Thread Starter

I was able to check the options but there was no signal for any of them,I’m thinking of getting a monitor to see if anything changes and a quick question, could something with the CPU be the cause of this problem?

4. phillpower2

phillpower2

With the limited information available in your OP we are not in a position to be able to offer any opinion at the moment.

Please provide information about your computer, is it a custom build or brand name such as Dell or HP, if a brand name, provide the model name or series number (not serial) if a custom build post the brand and model name or number for the MB, the RAM (including the amount) add on video card if one is used and the PSU (power supply unit) providing these details will enable us to better assist you.

It would also help if you could tell us what if any other steps your have already taken with troubleshooting the issue.

5. GreasyBoi

GreasyBoi Thread Starter

The CPU is a regular ryzen 7 ,thermal take 850w,ASUS 1070,xpg spectrix d40 ram,and ASUS crosshair vii hero motherboard

6. phillpower2

phillpower2

For us to best be able to help you we need the information that we have asked for and the answers to any questions asked, we cannot check for possible compatibility issues when we do not have the corrects specs + we are wasting both of our times if we have to keep on requesting the same information.

We need the exact details for the CPU and RAM so that we can check that they are compatible with the motherboard.

We could also do with knowing if you have tried any other troubleshooting steps such as trying another 8 pin PCI-E power connector from the PSU to the GPU.

At the moment my best suggestion would be to see if you can borrow a monitor that has the appropriate ports for connecting the GPU to, DVI being the most common on previous monitors, if you still cannot get a signal, a hardware issue or the motherboard needing a BIOS update before it will work with the Ryzen 7 CPU are both possibilities I`m afraid.

NB: The MB ships with BIOS Version 0207 whereas Ryzen7 CPUs require at least Version 0509.

7. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    The motherboard may already have a version 0509 or later Bios, they don't all ship with the first Bios version.

Also if necessary you can update the Bios on that board using 'USB Bios Flashback' which works without a Cpu.
    See page 2-15 of the board's manual for how to do this.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1219946

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice