My 2000 Pro Computer Freezes when ever I try to play a Streaming Video

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

MEbeME

My 2000 Pro Computer Freezes when ever I try to play a Streaming Video. It used to work, but now recently, whenever I play and streaming video the computer freezes.

Can anyone help?

ive had a simalar problem to this, its a codec error "usually" and you may have to remove all of the windoes media player installs and reinstall them, if its not with windows media player then try it in windfows media player and get back to me

MEbeME

it is a window on my browser it plays in, and yes its usually WMP

MEbeME

someone help. on my 2000 computer i cant play any video. whats the solution?

do you have divx? if not download the freeware version from www.divx.com and then try opeining a streaming video, brcause you may have a codec issue, it doesnt give u any error?

MEbeME

I installed divx and reinstalled WMP but still it freezes.

What can i do?

so far I found this

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307650

http://all-streaming-media.com/stre...ection-problems-for-Windows-Media-streams.htm

hopefully these can help, if not, ill post more stuff later when i can take time, I just started school so I'm swamped with Homework! :) hopefully it works, reply is it does and reply mad if it doesn't.

I once had the same problem, so what I would o is open a saved .mpeg and sometimes it woyuld sit 30 min. before playing and after that WMP worked fine on anything when usually if I didn't do it it would play sound and no video, I eventually reinstalled XP and its fine, You could try a system restore, also... or reinstall windows, over. But try updating your videocard drivers and your direct X, also go to run and run DXdiag.exe and try the video tests it has and make sure it works, could be a video card issue.. GoodLick repost with results if you can, post any errors of dxdiag with a screen shot by pressing "printscreen" on the keyboard and saving in paint!

MEbeME

HELP... Also when i try to play 3D games it says my Video Card may not meet the requirments. How do i find out which video card i have?

well u can figure out what vid card u have by pressing the (windows key + puase break) then go to *hardware tab* then *device manager* then look under display adapters.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online