1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My 3.6ghz Comp WONT TURN ON :(!!! Please help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by fightin_cham, Sep 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. fightin_cham

fightin_cham Thread Starter

Hi
    i just installled a watercooler for my comp, but as i was removing the retention clips from my mb, my screw driver slipped and hit the back of the mobo and made a small mark, i was hoping it wasnt serious and so caerried on with my install. i have now installed everything and motherboard and all wires are back in their places.
    BUT NOW WHEN I PRESS THE START UP BUTTON, NOTHING HAPPENS :( I WANA CRY LOL, is it because i damaged the motherboard? even though i cant turn all the lights on the inside of my mobo are on and so is the display on my tower but it still wont turn on
    PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. fightin_cham

Hi
    i just installled a watercooler for my comp, but as i was removing the retention clips from my mb, my screw driver slipped and hit the back of the mobo and made a small mark, i was hoping it wasnt serious and so caerried on with my install. i have now installed everything and motherboard and all wires are back in their places.
    BUT NOW WHEN I PRESS THE START UP BUTTON, NOTHING HAPPENS I WANA CRY LOL, is it because i damaged the motherboard? even though i cant turn all the lights on the inside of my mobo are on and so is the display on my tower but it still wont turn on
    PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

There is a very real possibility that you damaged the board.

What I would do.
    1 Pull the board from the case.
    2 Place it on a non-conductive surface like a motherboard box. Do not use an anti-static bag since the outside of some bags can conduct electricity.
    3 Connect your video card and monitor.
    4 Use the original hsf after cleaning all parts and put on fresh arctic silver compound.
    5 Connect your power supply to the board. Do not forget the extra 4pin connector
    6 Now use something like a small screwdriver to jump across the power switch pins on the board. If it is still ok, it will post and you will get a display. If it does not post, you have damaged the board.

Good luck

4. parasolution

parasolution

Are you getting any beeps at the beginning? Did it post to BIOS?

Go back and look at your install again, make sure everything is secure, like the processor, video card, etc.

5. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I suspect it's time to closely examine the area of the damage with a loupe and see if you cut one or more wires. They can be repaired, but it's not a job for an amateur.

6. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

I have merged your threads. Do not make multiple threads for the same problem.

7. fightin_cham

HI Guys
    Fanx so much 4 ur replies. i fixed it but i still apprecihate it! stupid mistake bad wiring of the power botton even tho i check like 10000 times lol, the scratch on my mobo seems to have had no real affect thank god.
    ahhhh at last a silent cool comp
    keep doing wot ur doin u guys r gr8
    thanx sam

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/505560

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice