My Acer Aspire 2920 doesn't want to boot help please!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Bogdik

My laptop doesn't boot, it says:
PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable
PXE-M0F: Exiting Broadcom PXE ROM.

NTLDR is missing
Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart

By far the most common reason for those errors is the hard drive has died and needs to be replaced. :(

Gr3iz

Mark
Hello and welcome to TSG!!

You can try to run the laptop manufacturer's diagnostics (I know HP and Dell have them, perhaps Acer does, too.) Aside from that, you can run the hard drive manufacturer's diags. You'll have to determine what brand of drive you've got (Seagate, Western Digital, etc.) and download them from their web site. Alternatively, you can create the Ultimate Boot CD (http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/download.html), boot from it and select the diags you want to run.

Bogdik

You can try to run the laptop manufacturer's diagnostics (I know HP and Dell have them, perhaps Acer does, too.) Aside from that, you can run the hard drive manufacturer's diags. You'll have to determine what brand of drive you've got (Seagate, Western Digital, etc.) and download them from their web site. Alternatively, you can create the Ultimate Boot CD (http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/download.html), boot from it and select the diags you want to run.

How do I run diagnostics?

Bogdik

It's a Hitachi hard drive

Gr3iz

Mark
Do you see an option to run any kind of diagnostics when you power up? If not, you may need to find a bootable drive diagnostics option, such as the UBCD.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
From what I can determine, the Acer Aspire 2920 12.1" laptop originally came with one of these operating systems:
Windows XP SP2 32-bit
Windows Vista(original version) 32-bit

It's several years old, so it may not be cost-effective to replace its hard drive.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Bogdik

Do you see an option to run any kind of diagnostics when you power up? If not, you may need to find a bootable drive diagnostics option, such as the UBCD.
Is it possible to make UBCD on a USB? Cause I don't have a Disk nor a burning device cause my Acer was my original burning device

Bogdik

From what I can determine, the Acer Aspire 2920 12.1" laptop originally came with one of these operating systems:
Windows XP SP2 32-bit

It's several years old, so it may not be cost-effective to replace its hard drive.

Are you sure it's a hard drive problem?

Bogdik

Windows XP SP2 32-bit

It has a Vista sticker on it but runs XP

Bogdik

Acer Support doesn't recognise my Serial number on my computer I don't know why

Bogdik

By far the most common reason for those errors is the hard drive has died and needs to be replaced. :(
But if I unplug the hard drive it says No Operating System, if I plug it in it says ntldr is missing witch is Netloader.. Is there any way to find out if it's dead?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts